As Financial Accountant for Fastned you will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting and bookkeeping tasks for our Dutch parent company and newly established subsidiaries in United Kingdom, Germany and Belgium. Joining the small Finance team (3FTE), he/she will help provide reliable accounting and management information to business teams.
- Daily accounting for Fastned BV and subsidiaries including reviewing and processing of incoming invoices, and preparation of payment runs and journal postings
- Assisting with month end close activities,monitoring of trial balance data and preparation of reports for management
- Resolving questions from suppliers and colleagues about invoices, expenses, etc.
- Preparing monthly indirect tax filings and subsidy claims
- Debtor and creditor management and follow up of overdue items
- Assisting with the preparation of group and subsidiary statutory accounts, including files and information for our auditors
- Contributing to our project to move to a new accounting software platform which is now needed because of the fast growing business
- Making suggestions to improve any financial procedures and work practices in a rapidly growing business
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related area
- Safe set of hands, relevant work experience in finance and administration.
- IT agile
- Hands on working experience with accounting systems
- Good language skills are an advantage (Dutch plus one or more of German, English & French)
- Hands-on, outgoing and pro-active mentality, able to work independently
Why this is a great job
- Be part of a young-minded, entrepreneurial, and rapidly growing company, with a great and fun-loving team spirit
- High degree of responsibility
- A good salary plus employee option plan